2010-05-09

The Importance of Breath

Getting out of the hospital after an operation to remove
kidney stones was like a breath of fresh air. Yes, there
was pain. Yes, there was karma clearing; and mostly,
yes, I was glad to put it behind me. Beyond all of that,
what actually happened was an extremely valuable
lesson that I learned about the breath of fresh air that I so
cherished.

My new book, The Story of Light, Through Heaven’s
Gate
, has a very interesting discussion about the light
holding capacity of the molecules of the air, and of
oxygen in particular. I have taught people to be aware of
the contribution of the breath to raising their vibration on
numerous occasions. I have, on these occasions,
emphasized the value of consciously working with the
nostrils, nasopharynx, bronchial tubes, and alveoli. Each
piece of the respiratory tract contributes to the
oxygenation of the body. To quote my book, “As
oxygen readily assimilates light to become divine
Oneness, it indeed carries the primary life force on the
planet. Pranayama (yogic breathing) is essentially the b
ringing of oxygen’s Oneness into the body.”

The great lesson that I learned during my hospital visit
was just how significant and how immediate the
respiratory tract is to the oxygenation of the body.
There I was in the post-op area, about 15 minutes after
recovering consciousness following the general
anaesthetic that I was under. I was quite awake and
conscious and definitely breathing. My breath was
sometimes deep and full, and sometimes short and
shallow. I was hooked up to the monitors that show
heart rate, blood pressure, temperature, and most
interestingly oxygen saturation.

The post-op duty nurse answered my question that they
like to see at least 92% oxygen saturation. Here is what
happened to impress me about the awesome power of
the breath, actually two breaths to be exact. At one
point, my breath was shallow enough that the monitor
read 89% saturation. I then thought I had better start
breathing better. My next two breaths, only two, were
moderately long and deep. In those two breaths, my
oxygen saturation went to 94%. In five breaths, it rose
to 97%, and by the twelfth breath, I was at 99%.

This was scientific proof of just how important even a
single breath can be to the well being of the body, and
especially to the exposure to the divine light frequencies
carried by the oxygen molecule. As much as I was awed
by this clear demonstration of the value of the breath, the
nurse casually confirmed this phenomenon as something
she sees all the time. I am sure that that would be true
for any post-op nurse.

As for me, I am still in awe enough to both write this
article and make a more conscious effort to make longer,
deeper breaths a habit.

************
© Roger Joyeux April 2010. Roger is the other half of
angelsandancestors.com. Check Roger’s website,
www.thestoryoflight.com for more info about his newest
book. Roger also looks after the website and is
available to help you with your website. Call 403-225-
2016, email, or visit The Story of Light

No comments:

Post a Comment